In this month's digest:
- orchestra news
- gossip and chat
- birthday list
*** Orchestra News ***
- Both the Philharmonia and UCPO concerts were sold out (a first for this
term). Varsity reviewed the baby concert extremely favourably.
- Next term's programme will include Elgar's 'Cello Concert in Em and
Rachmaninoff's 2nd Symphony (main orchestra); with the Philharmonia doing
Beethoven's 9th Symphony and Mozart's Flute and Harp Concerto.
- Both concerts were followed by interesting parties. Photos will start to
emerge over the next week, as I update the website. If you have some photos
of any orchestra parties, drop me an e-mail...
- Assorted pub trips will be happening over the holiday. Most of these are
announced on misc - although they may occasionally filter through to the
social list too.
- The misc list is expanding as we assimilate new members... join us, you
*** Gossip and Chat ***
- E-mail viruses (again)
- Bad formal hall food and where to get it
- Cats (possibly transgendered ones)
- Richard's letter in TCS
- Parties! (including unconsciousness, rants, lemon-macheteing, aftershock,
gin and hairdressing)
- Good news/bad news
- Ways to stop nazis (including the BNP)
- The neverending game of Mornington Crescent (as MC station itself was
closed for the fire strikes)
- Quotes and more parties
- The return of Nick
*** Quotes ***
This is a bumper month for quotes, thanks to the number of people taking
note of what was said in various parties...
- "Gnome comes in bitesize pieces" - jrp
- "thankfully I can't see but they are definitely fucking recorders" - fes
- "Will the public never tire of these 'fucking /noun/' jokes?" - das
- "Chocolate flavoured tea anyone?" - djh
- "You're my beshtest fuggin' mates and I fuggin love ye." - das
- "'People keep asking me if I'm a gay hairdresser" - dew
- "'hyppytyynytyydytys', apparently meaning 'bouncy cushion satisfaction'
in Finnish." - nw
- "I hate Fluids" - pll
- "Don't encourage him to flaunt his knib around, we'll never hear the end
of it..." - dew
- "james percival is addicted to sucking becky's fingers" - googlism.com
- "wcso is run by a group of people with nothing better to do" -
- "I'm getting slapped more at the moment, but I'm liking it." - os
- "What is it with men that you always want to pull my tassle!" - camw
- "That one was my fault, wasn't it? It was all dangly, it needed
pulling" - djh
- "I never have the courage to make a soufflé; it's like sex in that
there's the danger of it not rising to the occasion." - (unattributed list
- "I love the smell of aftershock in the morning" - var
- "Forwards, backwards and sideways with a pistachio nut and a rusty barge
pole" - pll (allegedly)
- "where do we start? Stop fellating your fingers boy!" - pll (also
- "You can stroke my boyfriend too if you want" - nw
- "I didn't think he was the type" - tjop
- "my mouth's still vibrating" - fes
- "you're not naked? Oh shit" - paulR
- "please put a rocket up Rob's arse, light it and stand back" - nasz
- "I can't make dog noises very well. Woof woof!" - vcw25
- "you do need to work on your doggy style" - paulR
- "it was just a random poke" - djh
- "I'm hornier than a porcupine" - nasz
- "I've had it both ways" - djh
- "James shags parrots as well as porpoises" - nw
- "and david has passed out in his own hed...." - unattributed
- "Bend over Pedro...Rob has to perform boyfriendly duties!!" - nasz
- "Women are sensitive about their fullsome funbags" - jrp
- "I'm an agnostic, but if there is a god it is probably me" - mrp
- "Did I tell you about my horrific accident with mung beans?" - das
- "Go on... gay orgy! You know you want one!" - das
*** Quotes Special: At the Maypole (courtesy of Harris) ***
Bk->Oli: I'm not going to date rape you: you'd probably be incapable.
Bk->Tom:I was scratching my leg and got yours.
Tom (to a random scared-looking bloke) Are you dripping on me?
Phil: You get someone else to do the hands. (to Vicki, I think?)
Gnome->Phil: I got a first in you!
Tom: Other people's armadilloes are not my fault.
James: (for Rob's benefit) Harris, draw me like one of your French girls.
Harris: Why is there no sex in Physics?
Bk: We talked about it, we never did it.
*** Memepool ***
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Cinema/3117/sociosmurf2.htm more than one
http://www.cam.ac.uk/societies/cums/i/whoswho.htm *chuckles evilly*
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/2440495.stm big noise
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/2444675.stm pointless research
http://dictionary.oed.com/cgi/entry/00173796 talk about a pedantic
http://stephenrolph.gotdns.com/queenscollege.html formal hall pics
im_driven_up_the_wall.shtml all Queens' mathmos are the same person...
weird Norfolk people
http://www.changingtheclimate.com/ *curses the school run*
http://www.orwellpolice.com/Crimetip.htm not actually a pisstake
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/2484195.stm silly news story OTD
http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20021119.html new look
ng.asp rail travel for the indecisive
ref%3Dsr%5F2%5F2/002-5921635-5694455 immature link OTD (check the clothing
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/showbiz/2481467.stm if you keep
playing with it it'll fall off
http://downlode.org/etext/alicebob.html mathmo humour
http://www.lipsons.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/escher/ascending.html evil things
done with lego
http://www.lipsons.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/lstest.html personality testing
www.beck.com nice streaming music
http://www.flingthecow.com/flash/default.asp fling the cow
http://www.davidharris.org.uk/wcso/beckyup.jpg note be-afro'd Jon
http://www.lemonbovril.co.uk/bushspeech/ DIY Bush speech
http://www.encorecbt.com/clients/nationwide/ world's worst help desk
http://www.indiana.edu/~wanthro/pepee.jpg when you really need glistening
http://www.dog-diaper.com/ check out the movie... poor dog...
http://www.innermint.com/ chlorophyll does /what/ now?
http://www.rethink.demon.co.uk/laugh.html Chris Morris
http://www.raptureletters.com/ stupid site OTD
http://www.simoncottrellmotorsport.com/ and Simon
http://skanksagenda.virtualave.net/skank1/intro.html teenage angst bullshit
http://www.hants.gov.uk/hchs/fcases.html yes, losing diaries is a bad
http://www.notam02.no/9/index.html strangely beautiful
http://www.actaeon.org/faqs/birdsexfaq.txt *really* tasteless
http://www.assotron.com/arse-or-elbow/ can you tell your arse from your
http://www.jonathonrobinson.com/3.0/web/webtsos.html old but good, based on
http://www.theblackforge.net/ game of the day
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1299/santy.html santa is satan!
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/sermons/colon.html do you have demons in your
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/28245.html laptop in bed = bad idea
statistics, but funny
http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~mow/chap43.html cook the beans
http://www.theregister.co.uk/media/960.jpg traditional christian values
http://www.madblast.com/view.cfm?type=FunFlash&display=1840 Star Trek slash
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1202/twotowers.html yet another Landover
*** UCPO Misc Stats ***
Dave has finally managed to overtake Francesca in the spam stakes...
That's getting disturbingly close to a hundred mails a day... or a total of
six entire days lost as everyone on the list read through this stuff...
*** Birthday List ***
(in year order)
Vicki 13-10-82 (that's trinity vicki)
Sarah K 15-10-82
Jon S 26-11-81
Alex W 28-11-81
Alex M 14-12-82
Nick won't admit his DoB, but he's 25 soon ;)
PS People who've mailed me - I'll get back to you, honest... *has been
buried in work*
©UCPO 2002-17, design by David Welchew