In this edition:
- Orchestra news
- What we talked about
- List statistics
** Orchestra News **
- The new term started with a decent rehearsal, the usual Robinson pub trip
and a good random party in Vicki's room.
- Lots of curries and pubmeets happened over the summer... too many to list
individually. We've now tried just about every curry place on Mill Road.
- The orchestra is starting an official table football team to enter into
the uni league...
- Welcome to the new digest members... this list is mainly a summary of the
orchestra chat/gossip/spam list, soc-ucpo-misc. This digest covers the
second half of the summer holiday - during term the digests come out every
2-4 weeks depending on how much people post. There are usually more people
posting than shown here - but not everyone has net access all summer...
- Digests eventually turn up on the UCPO Chat section of the website
- If you want to join the main chat list, let me know... volume is moderate
to high (20-100 mails a day during term, but with occasional mailstorms or
quiet weeks), with no binaries.
- Vicki has a music stand in a soft black case left over from the party, if
someone would like to claim it.
- A formal hall will be happening in Queens' at some point in about two
weeks. NOTE: It won't be on the Thursday any more, as that FH is fully
booked... I'll keep everyone informed. Let me know if you want to come and
haven't signed the signup sheet that went around at the rehearsal.
** What We Talked About **
- Rob posted more stories in his own, umm, inimitable style... some of us
- WCSO was added to FriendsReunited as a club team, for old members to
- Pointless legalese
- How to make audio CDs from MP3s (you naughty, naughty musicians)
- The Stranglers
- Things to Do in Reading [no-one managed to find any]
- Fingering oboes (shock! actual music discussed on an orchestra chat list!
- Practical jokes
- Nigerian scam e-mails and how to avoid them
- The crapness of BT
- Various UCPOites became TV stars
- Holiday boredom (several times)
- Recipes for cocktails and food (ask me for my veggie risotto recipe)
- Elephants and bananas
- Silly Emacs functions
- Medicine in spanish
** Quotes **
"||:DUM-da-da-da|DUM-da-da-da|DUM-da-da-da|DUM-de-de-de:||" - dew22
"that noise you heard earlier was me wondering how hot those little green
bird eye chillies were" - das48
"2 things happened to me this year - i acquired a girlfriend and audiogalaxy
was shut down
One of these events ruined me......." - rmr26
"1992. I was once helpful in 1992." - nasz2
"I've been an alcoholic since I was 8" - nasz2
"Mmmm, nudity (dribble)" - jrp44
"CLEAN MY SHOES YOU IMPUDENT HUSSY OR I'LL SMACK YOUR BOTTOM UNTIL YOU CAN'T
SIT DOWN FOR A MONTH!" - nasz2
"Cattle prodding lawyers sopunds like an ethical and a fun job, and probably
well paid too. Where do you apply?" - das48
"she was probably more scared by the burning in effigy of her ex-boyfriend's
penis" - das48
"Ooh, can there be an alabaster Harris for the most stupid thing said when
drunk?" - djh48
"beard is lovely and smells of beard" - nw215
w chrank" - das48
"I love Soup Dragon!!!! *looks adoringly at soup well*" - dew22
"sounds like one of my anal fuck penis toasty sandwiches" - rmr26
"Arsing, bollocking, wanking, titting, boobing, shitting!! Cock!" - nasz2
"ˇStop it, stop it! You´re freaking me out!" - ahfw2
** Memepool **
http://www.law.com/service/terms_conditions.html - this link is illegal :)
102-6558613-8340921 - no comment
http://games.alentus.com/games/makai/games/speartoss.asp?id - timewasting
http://www.pegball.com - more timewasting
http://www.rbs.co.uk/personal/current/charges.htm - rip-off charges
http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~das48/maps.html - Dave Sim Lives Here
http://www.wfg.woodwind.org/ - fingerings
http://www6.plala.or.jp/teakid/flash/kubi.swf - random...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2218767.stm - more gigs for Jon and Rob...
http://members.tripod.com/thepolyphonicspree/poly1big.jpg - 'the future of
http://www-staff.psychiatry.cam.ac.uk/~dew22 - blatant plug
http://property.cambridge-news.co.uk/letting.asp - need a house?
http://www.brettward.co.uk/canb/tolet.htm - more of the same
http://www-stu.pem.cam.ac.uk/jp/jpc/election/manifesto2.png - Tom's g/f has
http://entries.the5k.org/946/wolf5k.html - Wolfenstein 5k...
http://www.the5k.org/description.asp/entry_id=1067 - Window Pong (probably
Windows only, sorry)
http://baptist-city.com/Books/Shorthair.html - Jesus wants you to cut your
hair, you hippie freak
http://www.somethingawful.com/truthmedia.php?id=318 - TruthMedia do all the
best reviews :)
e.shtml - fucked up news story of the day
- bad t-shirt designs
http://www.mutopiaproject.org/ - a different sort of free music
http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/atom_1403 - Star Wars Gangsta Rap
www.villainsupply.com - for all you evil geniuses
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/2278743.stm - timewasting for
http://www.knightmare.clara.net - nostalgia
http://www.jboom.com/poo-price/ - how much was that poo worth?
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_680918.html - know your limit :)
http://homepage.mac.com/rationalism/quotes/bush.html - daily antiBushism
(Bush Sr. this time)
http://www.rotten.com - sick sick sick
http://www.srcf.ucam.org/cutfs/rules.html - table football
http://www.flong.com/telesymphony/ - strange listening
** UCPO Stats **
Once again, Nick is way ahead in the boredom stakes...
More in a few weeks...
©UCPO 2002-17, design by David Welchew