OK, this is later than ever, but I've been doing other UCPO-y things with my
spare time... >1500 e-mails summarised in a few short pages :)
** CONTENTS **
- UCPO News
- What was talked about
** UCPO News **
- The last ever WCSO concert was held in Trinity Chapel, followed by the
last ever party. Both were a big success.
- A lot of very hungover WCSOites then had the last ever garden party at
New Hall the following morning.
- Random social events happened.
- We officially became UCPO...
- Curry this Friday, 8:30 Kohinoor (Mill Road). Mail me if you want to
- Check out the new website (currently being rolled out... some of it's
still the old one): http://www.ucpo.org.uk (the old one is now mirrored at
** What was talked about **
- Graduation, and how to do it
- WCSO hangovers past and present
- People who double book our formal halls, and what to do to them
- Tom attempted to nest his , and tags, with
- People panicked about exams, as usual
- Jaberwocky (in multiple languages)
- Alcoholic icecream
- Beccy left the list, and was mourned
- The Normans
- Chris's past lives
- The A-Z of Cambridge pubs
- soc-wcso-misc was killed, and soc-ucpo-misc created in its place...
- Rob reviewed Garbage (amongst other things)
** Quotes **
'Maybe it's just a bad idea to drink wine by the mug' - SJC
'Come and get massaged by me' - DEW
[on a trip to an indie club] 'I was planning on having my own Panic! event
in my room this evening. All
welcome. Bring Your Own Work.' - JDS
'Eat chocolate. chocolate heals.' - RCH
[on Mel and Nick] 'I can think of worse [thoughts]. You and Mel having sex,
watches and strokes his beard.' - DJH
'I've just managed to work out what a vector is!!!!!!!!' - MRH
--> 'A cross between a doctor and a vet (Anna and David's lovechild?)' - JRP
[on the death of Harris's e-mail] 'Doesn't that happen somewhere about the
middle of Revelations?' - DAS
'I feel like a man who's just pulled the ripcord to release a small swarm of
moths.' - DAS
'how can i compete with a kangaroo? my pouch is far too small' - RMR
'Take up bonsai. Smoke crack. Colour in a piece of graph paper. Drive a van
through a Kentish village shouting "poof" at people with long hair. So many
options.' - DAS
'So, let's all suck more clit, it is the only way to advance oneself as a
spiritual entity.' - CJP
'I don't see how me wearing a thong /under/ my lycra would create any more
interesting photos than you could get currently.' - MRH
'You haven't lived until you've had a guinea pig try to fuck your foot' -
Honourary quote of the month:
'I've been shagging like a bunny and my penis is beginning to feel sore.' -
** Memepool **
I think the memepool is going to get its own home on the website at this
Meme of the month: SOY! SOY! SOY! Soy makes you strong! Strength crushes
Stars indicate my personal favourites...
http://www.ulsterscotsagency.com/defaultulster.htm - language of the day
www.google.com/search?q=yorkshite - ntk-powered google searches
http://www.storyzone.co.uk/preview.cfm?e=38 - one of Rob's finds...
* http://www.somethingawful.com/article.php?id=72 - somehow more horrible
than the above
http://www.cam.net.uk/camra/ale/306/ - beer!
* http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/education/newsid_1998000/1998218.stm -
good teaching practise
http://www.prodikeys.com/video/Perform-rock_bb.wvx - not sure what to say
* http://www.stickgirl.com/images/episode/safe.swf - safe sex...
http://free.freespeech.org/shockingtruth/ - The Shocking Truth!
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/2680/ - Americans vs
http://free.freespeech.org/shockingtruth/creation.html - The truth behind
http://www.museumofconceptualart.com/worldwidewank/ouch.html - the URL
speaks for itself
http://www.satirewire.com/news/jan02/axis.html - axis of just as evil...
stm - interesting headline
ncing_queen.swf - not quite what it seems...
http://www.sluis-van.com/personality/index.html - I am Chewbacca!
http://www.despair.com/ - For disaffected students
* http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~rmr26/Robinson.mp3 - crimes against Simon and
http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~rmr26/Something.mp3 - more of the same
http://magnus.huckvale.net/2000/cambridgepuritytest/ - what effect did
Cambridge have on you?
http://www.asnc.cam.ac.uk/SpokenWord/OldEnglish.html - to assist in
* http://www.geocities.co.jp/Milkyway-Lynx/9043/c-song.htm - not sure how to
* http://natts.com/jade-geography.mp3 - please, please, /please/ someone
vote her out
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=B2tkzu3t5an2k - would've made
the concert programme more interesting
* http://www.britslash.co.uk/fiction/losh/lasagna_pookie.htm - nasty nasty
http://diaries.diagon.org/ - funnier, but geekier :)
* http://heritage.stsci.edu/2000/06/big.html - the Cosmic Finger of
* http://www.the2002worldcup.com/ - it's never too late (well...)
** http://www.brione.co.uk/Photos/wcso/index.htm - NEW WCSO/UCPO PHOTOS
courtesy of Paul
** http://www.jjdash.demon.co.uk/WCSO/ - MORE NEW WCSO/UCPO PHOTOS courtesy
Potassium: The new DHMO
.stm - positive side of the World Cup result
* http://hellsgate.online.ee/~mait/fahrschule.swf - what you weren't told in
your driving lessons
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/tv_film/newsid_2092000/2092610.stm - Check
the opening line of the book
- Tom's Dad makes /.
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/07/07/2355227 - read some of the
* http://uk.news.yahoo.com/020709/80/d322c.html - Buttockistry
** UCPO Stats **
A suprise win for Dave, although I reckon I didn't do a bad job given I was
out of the country for the busiest period...
The list is currently open to all posters for the summer, so send your
random spam to firstname.lastname@example.org if you feel like saying hi to
all the UCPO-ites :)
That's it for the summer [unless lots of spam happens], next post will be
the one I send to check for expired addresses in a week or two...
Damn, that took over three hours to write. You'd better all appreciate it ;)
©UCPO 2002-17, design by David Welchew