There is a new website, you are now officially stuck with it.
AGM / EGM 2012 Changes
A list of changes being made is here WebsiteAGMChanges2012
AGM / EGM 2011 Changes
A list of changes being made is here WebsiteAGMChanges2011
Every page is up for debate, pointers, opinions, whining, and "Drac you've done it wrong." This is why I am listing the changes on the wiki, so everyone can see and comment, we have already corrected 1 of my mistakes because of it. In case of rules and setting I will consult with the refs and any particularly thorny things will be clarified at AGM.
Racial Player Guides
This years refteam have approved the racial page for approval. It can be found ehre http://www.srcf.ucam.org/tt/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&Itemid=160
Stuff that is here is still to be done. Everything not listed here is considered finished. Please comment on anything that is considered finished.
I am still looking for quick paragraphs on:
- How to be an alchemist
- how to be a wildernesser
- how to be a subterfuger
Similar to the ones currently present in warrior/magic/spirit skills section that tell a new player what they need to buy.
- Alchemy rules (with pufferfish)
- Magic colour descriptions (with pufferfish/refs)
- Temple of Sordan general description (with refs)
- Temple of St John General Description (with refs)
- Alchemy skills (with pufferfish)
This means the individual Gods pages are now done, with the exception of the missing descriptions above.
with the exception of pretty pictures the following sections are now done and ref approved:
- The World
- The universe
- Gods and Faith
- Dueling Traditions
- Alchemists Guild
- Costs in the city
Calling anybody who reads this for help:
We need some setting fluff / general knowledge / pysrepping about:
- The playable races
- The various monsters in the bestiary.
A lot of people know various bits of this, if you can write them on the wiki that would be grand - there is a lot of physical writing and then verification here, if you can write it up, I can make sure its right.
The Beastary now has the complete list of things that it is going to get.
Skill and Rules Description Updates
These are all being tracked on the wiki.
The goal with description changes is to INCREASE CLARITY with a side order of removing duplicate information.
The reason changes are being tracked on the wiki is so people can point out if I accidently change the meaning of a rule, and suggest further clarifications. Please do not change the original text or updated text wiki entries, but use the : indentation to add comments beneath.
A lot of my short descriptions are crap, PLEASE SUGGEST IMPROVEMENTS. With the short descriptions I am pruning out "grants" or "allows" as they are simply noise for everything but the buyin skills where granting access is their explicit purpose.
NewWebSite/Clarifications by Refteam 2010-2011
NewWebsite/Costs in the City
All links should now be internal to the new site, if you spot an external / broken link one please let me know.
your favorite page might be missing. It probably exists but i forgot to link it. Please let me know.
- I can't find the page that basically had the what spells it might be possible to research with the what different colors were good at/poor at page. I may just be missing it but otherwise can it go up on the website/wiki somewhere as it is quite useful if a little out of date. --Malselene
- http://www.srcf.ucam.org/tt/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=91&Itemid=175 rules->possible spell effects. This is horrifically out of date and the ref team are going to send me a much smaller version. Until then it lives. --Drac
has JLIB_HTML_CLOAKING instead of the ref link / address. --Chevron
NewWebsite/Gallery is for discussion on the site having its own gallery, overall opinion appears to be yes, the society would like one.
For feedback please suggest an improvement for anything you don't like, criticism with no suggestion of improvement is just whining.
tracks the current photos in use, if any of them are going to be kept permission has to be sought from the people in them.
Artwork needed for:
- Map of universe
- Map of known world
- Map of wessex
- Map of grantagbrugge (how out of date is the current one?)
- I am working on the maps of Wessex, Albion and the city currently. They will hopefully be very pretty AND functional - Delvy
A lot of the setting docs have giant chunks of text, some artwork to break them up:
- Magic (some wizards casting a variety of coloured spells?)
- Faith (highly stereotyped priests)
- Brotherhood (mage groupshot?)
- Mercenaries (a.n.other mercenary. Fuckit, I'm writing the website: I want artwork of Cal)
- Scouts guild
Actual photos of:
- Pysrepping for the various player races
- Pysrepping for the beastary page
- Possible some individual shots for costume
The refs have gotten back to me with beastary lists. Thus we have a total list of things for the photoshoot:
This is quite a lot of stuff, not including general shots. If there are good photos in anyones albums point me to the URL and I will see how easy they are to crop/manipulate.
- True elf
- Elemental Elves
- Corporeal Undead
- Incorporeal Undead
- Red Demons
- Blue Demons
- Black Demons
- White Demons
- Grey Men
- Seelie Fae
- Unseelie Fae
- Elementals of various guises
Edith usually comes to photograph an interactive in the final term (normally the second iirc), maybe this could be expanded this year for these shots? Location? Indoors or outdoors? I guess if we could have both it would be good! --Chevron
- I don't want to combine the photoshoot with an interactive as getting photos of all of these will take a long time, we are talking several hours of getting made up, taking a number of photos, changing makeup etc...
You can edit the content!
yes I mean you!
Joomla has it's own editing framework that does not need an srcf account or knowledge of html. just ask me for an account.
I will need someone from the ref team to help me with various setting bits of "this is accurate" and "this is wrong or FOIP"
Plans and Components
We are running Joomla 1.6.0 with a highly modified template.
Switch editor over to JCE.
- The default editor is ok, but is definitely non great, I ended up doing most of the complex work direct in the html.
- Also the default editor can onyl link directly to articles
- Default editor cannot embed links to arbitrary files, only images. This is problem: re the gossip.
Sadly the file manager and other shinies are paid for @ $30. I will see if there is an external component for file managing/linking but it is not looking good. Editor itself is free.
Our template has a custom editor page, which allowed the template to attach to custom css to make it look pretty. I strongly suspect that this will have to go when I move to JCE, eurgh more css changes.
Current version: 2.0 beta 2 is 1.6 compatable.
Gallery : Ignite
- Is the only half decent gallery with front and backend support.
- We need frontend user uploading for a gallery to be viable.
Also a commercial component.
Current version: Version has now moved to 3.0 final. This does not have front-end access at present as the guy has to rewrite that completely to use Joomla 1.6
There is now a gallery. It has some stuff. Woo.
WRT the gallery I think we need a serious discussion of whether we want this to be open to all members of the society at all times, or to be a small set collection, periodically updated by the exec/webmaster. Or to put it another way, whether we want this to function as a spot for everyone to upload what they think looks cool, which will eventually grow to be very large, or an advertisement/guide to the society which has been decided on with some planning and consensus. --Chevron
- Fine by me, I am totally easy to how it is used. At the mioment it is trialware, I want to see how easy it is to use in anger. --Drac