[FRA:] Peter Sloterdijk: what is this shit?

Ralph Dumain rdumain at igc.org
Tue Jan 2 17:48:36 GMT 2007

Perhaps it's necessary for Sloterdijk to slander the Frankfurt School
because a critical theory perspective in the hands of an intelligent person
would easily expose the place of such narcissistic intellectuals in the
culture industry, i.e. a closed feedback loop of academics and their
groupies who feed like vampires off their cultural capital, without any
regard to the rest of society, except as sausage for their theory grinders.

Of course, we have a fair amount of that here.  However, it is important to
distinguish the Frankfurt School from the hodgepodge of "continental
philosophy" in which it becomes swallowed up in the Anglo-American sphere.
"Continental Philosophy" is a fraudulent category, designed to filter out
the radical content of German thought and spay it for the narcissistic
left-liberal theory industry.

Hey, if you run into Richard Rorty, would you kick him in the nuts for me?