[Nomic] Some rules

John-Joseph Wilks nomic-talk at srcf.ucam.org
Thu Dec 16 15:03:01 2004

>>Hey, its about time something happened so I have been busy inventing
>>some rules, even if they are not very good they may atleast get this
>>going again...
>>
>>Board again!
>>This is the world as we know it, and I feel fine.
>>There be pirates in this game, Yarrrrr!
>>The coordinates of power.
>>The Navigator
>
>I vote in favour of all the above-named proposals. I have a couple of minor
>issues with the phrasing of the last one, but in the interests of
>expediency I shall allow it to pass and propose the following rule myself:

I vote Aye, modulo spellings and typos when they actually enter into the
rules. I'm afraid I cannot accept them entering with them in, I don't even
want to *think* about how exploitable they might be.

Did we ever get the rules that allowed movement on theBoard and suchlike
passed?
>----------
>The Navigator II
>
>If at any point a rule exists whose name ends with 'The Navigator', the
>following two changes shall be made to the rules, overriding Rule 2,
>Mutability of the Rules:
>
>1) The rule in question shall be altered to read as follows:
>
>"The duty of the Navigator shall be to make the contents of the List of
>Locations available to all players upon request."
>
>2) The rule 'The Navigator II' shall be deleted from the ruleset.
>----------

Aye.

>I also propose a new rule:
>
>----------
>Casting Adrift
>
>If a player has not selected an initial location on the Board within three
>days of the point at which that player could first have done so, any other
>player may declare that player to be 'cast adrift' at any non-island
>location on the board, which becomes the adrift player's new location.
>
>Rather than the starting situation specified in 'This is the world as we
>know it, and I feel fine' and 'There be pirates in this game, Yarrrrr!',
>the adrift player's location shall *not* be an island, and their ship shall
>be a 'small plank of wood'. ----------

Aye again, and also to Sanity Check from the next post.