Minutes of the 2007 AGM
8pm, Monday 11th June 2007, Sidney Sussex MCR
Claire Nichols, Yvonne Beyer, Julia Lasserre, Jim McElwaine
Minutes of last meeting
Minutes of the last AGM were accepted as accurate records.
Jon Clarke: "The 2006-7 season again saw CUVC achieve good results across the five teams that the club runs. The men's Blue had a good run in the Student Cup and Varsity, whilst the women's Blues performed well at the BUSA Finals. UCCM won the Spring Cup for the first time and both UCCW and UCCmixed competed well in their leagues. CUVC also fielded a number of entries into the Volleyball England Student Beach Cup, winning the mixed 4s event. Socially UCCM and UCCW have led the wayin the year, organising a number of events, and on the college side the club ran the Indoor and Outdoor cuppers and League events with only praise from the competitors. I would like to propose a vote of thanks to the unsung heroes that volunteer time to the organisation of the club; to Claire Nichols for the events organisation and Noreen Gervasi fo running the club accounts. Jane Ding and Dan Escott ran the kit acquisition and website, and also to all of the captains and coaches who run the individual teams".
Steve Sarkozy: Steve noted the mens teams achievements and thanked Jean for coaching.
Bethan Shaffery: Bethan noted the womens teams achievements and thanked Jon for coaching.
David Holec: "The trainings were extremely well attended this year (almost always over 12 attendees per session), partly because of the large squad of UCCM (about 20 people), partly (and mainly) because of the high level of trainings that had come with our new coach - Francisco Hoi. The trainings were highly organised and enjoyable at the same time and everyone gained a lot from them. UCCM entered three main competitions this year: EVA Student Cup qualifiers, County Local League and Spring Cup. The performance at the EVA qualifiers was quite poor and UCCM lost easily all three matches that they played there. The results in the local league were "up and downs": we beat some of the strong teams but subsequently lost to the very weak ones. This was mainly due to the policy of trying to give everyone equal court-time opportunities. This policy will change from the next year. However, the overall performance of the team improved a lot during the year and UCCM finished as a strong, well-bonded team with a great friendly atmosphere within the team. The effort of all the players was then rewarded by winning the Spring Cup trophy. Besides those scheduled activities we had organised four friendly matches, went to one EVL tournament in Norwich, organised many outdoor session as well as socials. Id like to take this opportunity to thank to our coach Francisco Hoi, our previous captain Andreas Werner and our current vice captain Rogier Beaumont".
Claire Nichols: "This year UCCW was entered in the local womens league, we came bottom of the league but all enjoyed playing matches and would definitely prefer to be entered into the womens league than the mixed league. UCCW also entered the EVA Student Cup but did not qualify. We also attended one EVL tournament but hope next year to attend more".
Fiona Parker: not present. Helen MacIntyre, coach of the UCCmixed team reported that the trainings had been fun for the season and were well attended. There was a good spirit in the team and it had finished 3rd in Div2 of the local league.
Claire Nichols: "Indoor Cuppers was won by Churchill who beat Trinity in the final. St Catz came third and Girton fourth. In total 12 teams entered. Summer League - not all matches have been played, the deadline is a week today. Summer Cuppers is on monday 18th June and Beach Cuppers is on Friday 22nd June.
Junior Treasurer's Report
Noreen Gervasi: (to be included). The membership voted to accept the club accounts once they had been audited by the senior treasurer.
Allocations for teams 2006-7
At a pre-AGM committee meeting it was decided that the following teams, competitions, training times and coaching would be used for the next season:
- Women's Blues - 1 training session (Perse), fitness session, entering BUSA, Student Cup (qualifiers) and Varsity, coached by Jon Clarke
- Men's Blues - 1 training session (Perse), entering BUSA, Student Cup (finals) and Varsity, coached by Jean Jacquet
- UCCW - 1 training session (Kelsey Kerridge unless another location found), fitness session, entering CVA womens league and Student Cup (qualifiers), coached by Francisco Hoi
- UCCM - 1 training session (Kelsey Kerridge unless another location found), entering Cambs Div1 South, Spring Cup, Walton Shield and Student Cup (qualifiers), coached by Francisco Hoi
- UCCmixed (beginners/social team) - 1 training session (Kelsey Kerridge unless another location found), entering local league, coached by rota from Blues/UCCM/UCCW
- Club President - post not filled (Jon Clarke acting)
- Senior Treasurer - Jim McElwaine
- Junior Treasurer - Tjonnie Li
- Events and Cuppers Organiser - post vacant
- Web Master - Dan Escott
- PR Officer - post vacant
- Equipment Organiser - post vacant
- Bookings Secretary - Francisco Hoi
- Communications Officer - Steve Sarkozy
Announcement of 2007-8 Captains
- Women's Blues - Yvonne Beyer
- Men's Blues - Steve Sarkozy
- UCCW - Silvia Breu
- UCCM - David Holec
- UCCMixed - Fiona Parker
Meeting closed 9.24pm.