Welcome to ChemSoc!
We are a Cambridge-based society hosting chemistry talks, usually on Friday nights in term time. Our events are always free to attend, and usually feature wine and refreshments.
Our talks are usually held in the Pfizer Lecture Theatre, in the Department of Chemistry. To find this, enter the Department in accordance with the red arrows on this map.
A light schedule for exam term:
- 27th April at 6:15pm - Dr Erwin Reisner: Sunlight-driven Synthesis of Sustainable Fuels and Chemicals
- 16th June at 2:30pm - Science Gardern Party
- Talk by Dr Peter Wothers on 13/10/17 on Gods, Devils and Alcohol
- Talk by Dr Julian Huppert on 10/11/17 about Science and Politics
- Talk by Prof. Chris Hunter FRS on 24/11/17 about The Chemistry of Life
- Talk by Prof. Harry Anderson FRS on 23/02/18 about Organic Electronics
- Talk by Dr Graham Smith of AstraZeneca on 09/03/18 about Drug Design - His Views
We hope you enjoyed: