The Assassins' Guild - Michaelmas 2002 Rule Changes
- Rules updated to take account of the more widespread use of rubber band guns
and rubber pellet guns.
- Warning added: players should decorate realistic looking guns
to make them more like toys. Removal of the orange plastic on the
end of the barrel is not allowed.
- Water weapons are now banned in any shop.
4.2 and 4.9- Poison
- Note added about not using substances which may cause
- Clarification of the rules on knives and swords.
Banning of latex LARP weaponry (sorry Joe) for safety reasons.
4.13- Other Weaponry
- Removal of tanks and shields from this game.
- Clarification of who is a legal kill and who is not. Players
in the process of making an attempt are only legal targets for the person
on whom the attempt is being made. Unless they're bearing weapons, of course.
- Ex-players who are shot as innocents will have some say in the fate of their
7.3- Time Restrictions
- Rolling incompetence deadlines have been kept, but with a two week
"grace period" at the start of the game.
- It's now a bit harder to regain competence once placed on
the incompetent list. You don't have to kill someone, but you must make an
attempt that takes more work than a usual attempt at that stage in the game.
Basically this is to prevent people from becoming competent again by
sending poisoned letters.
- There will be a style bonus of a few days extra competence awarded at
the end of the second week of the game, as an incentive for making kills in
the first week when there are no worries about remaining competent.
That's about it. Enjoy!
Back to main page