I'll put links up to the events in question when I get round to it. But due to popular demand (ie lots of nagging) I've
put up this dodgy version of the page first.
- The Lemming Award for the first to
Liwei Deng was squashed by a boulder, two minutes into the game.
- The Holzhauer award for
I don't feel anyone was psychopathic enough to deserve this, but
Ed Allcutt deserves a mention for his... enthusiasm.
- The David and Goliath Award for the best giant-killing activity by a new player:
Ruaridh Buchanan deserves this for an excellent duel, especially
the end part...
- The Ginger Cake Award for the Smoothest Kill:
- Arvicola Terrestris for "Oh sorry Tom, I've forgotten my pencil..."
- Shipmanator for his clever shower-based excuse used on Jeffrey Asante
The winner: Shipmanator, for this and the armchair incident.
- The Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart award for the Most Amusing Death:
Jenny Chase and Ruaridh Buchanan's double kill which ended the
duel. Picture Jenny grinning manically, sitting on the floor because she
had no legs, being hopped at by Ruaridh with his last knife...
- The 'I Shot the Sheriff' award for butchering cops:
- Johannes Nordstrom has made a go of it.
- Ross Fenning tried as well.
- Bellisarius managed to kill the majority of police who
came after him.
Ross Fenning takes this award for his concerted effort to remove
anyone coming near him.
- The Mario Sainz-Martinez award for cowwuption:
- Hannah Burton (Constable Sister of Darkness), because she was so
sweeet about the whole thing
- Ric Brackenbury was the only other corrupt policeman that I
The winner: Hannah Burton, for being so cute and yet so
- The Dr Kimble award for surviving the longest time on the wanted list:
Bellisarius takes this, with a total of 19 days!
- The Kenny Award for dying far too many times:
- Ed Allcutt and Adam Biltcliffe dueled on the last day as the
would be the only person to have died four times. Adam lost... but then Ed
died that evening to Simon Ford's bomb.
I know the Kenny is normally given for someone dying frequently on the
same day, but I thought duelling not to win it was too funny to miss.
- The Robocop award for killing wanted criminals:
- Mike "Ping!" Cripps had killed three after only a week, and is still going strong.
- Nick Krempel killed three in one day
- Lachlan Maclean did well.
- Ed Allcutt did rather well, as did Adam Biltcliffe.
- Abi Baker was the lucky officer who managed to get rid of
The winner: Ed Allcutt, for his persistence and enthusiasm, in
- The David Duffit award for secrecy and deception:
- Ed Nokes had everyone convinced he wasn't playing for a
- Simon Ford lulled at least two people into a sense of
security, then shot them.
The winner: has to be Ed Nokes for just being himself.
- The Three Hours Early Award for Paranoia:
Automatically awarded to Jenny "curro ergo sum" Chase, just
- The Order of the Black Coat for the least effective disguise:
Jenny Chase, whose kill of Mogwai showed us that even a brightly
coloured coat can't prevent her from revealing her true nature as a
- The Darwin Award for death by stupidity:
- James Allen, who died to a contact poisoned note left stuck on his
- Richard Shaw, who on receiving a knock at his door from Abi
Baker, told her he would be leaving for a meeting in five
The winner: James Allen. Remember boys and girls, snooping at your
neighbour's door is a Bad Idea.
- The yellow streak award for running away:
Demelza Bowyer, for hiding in a toilet and screaming for ten
minutes when she was told there was an assassin using the next door toilet.
- The Harland
Golden Quill for the most amusing
- Master Of The Loom, for his barely intelligible bomb report.
- Prostetnic Vogon Cjeltz, whose poetry surely cannot go
- ee-em-en-twenty-three, for the film that shocked a thousand critics.
- Eminem-23. This one just broke me.
- The Loom of Lost Souls, aka Dick Bumston, P.I.
- PC Catchable and Dispatchable, whose reports were just plain odd
A lot of deliberation happened. Then some more happened. Then I decided the best way to award this would be
to give it to the reports that made me break down in giggling fits. A joint victory then, for Eminem-23 and
Prostetnic Vogon Cjeltz.
- The Brutus award for the best betrayal:
Were there any? Do let me know...
- The Police Hero medal:
Mike Cripps wins this, both for his kill record and for co-ordinating police efforts when he took over as CoP.
- The Leek and Safe award for the most interesting or innovative weaponry:
- The Red Dacoyth, for the Tibetan-bred poisonous insects
- The Wrath of Odd, for the boiled sweets used as "A plague of boils". I am informed the plagues would have
continued were it not for the perpetrator's demise.
The winner: The Red Dacoyth. An interesting spin on the poisoned letter.
- The Reversed Burden of Evidence Award for unintentionally
Johannes Nordstrom, although knocking on doors and then going to sleep
outside someone's room can hardly be termed innocent behaviour...