Welcome to the SRCF
The Student-Run Computing Facility (SRCF) exists as a university society to provide useful, flexible computing and network services for University of Cambridge Staff and Students of all degrees of ability.
If you need to get in touch with us about anything, please see our contact addresses.
What you get...
- Website hosting with a rich variety of features
- Email and mailing lists @srcf.net or @srcf.ucam.org
- 1000MB of file or webspace (and more if required)
- Graphical desktop service – made possible by the generosity of Third Light Ltd.
- Free lifelong email and website forwarding when you graduate
- Friendly and helpful sysadmins
- All of the above for any society you want the SRCF to host as well
- And much much more – see Services for more details
... all for free? Yes :)
Signup for an account now!
Scheduled vulnerable period
To aid in security procedures, the SRCF has a potentially vulnerable period Sundays 2am to 3am. During this time the sysadmins may reboot the server without much prior warning.
Donate to the SRCF
The SRCF is funded largely by donations from its users, for which we are very grateful. The usual methods of donation are by cheque or PayPal: find out how to donate.
Message of the day
15) 02.04.2014 We hope you enjoyed the "new" cloud desktop service which we launched on 1 April. We are working on a ( ) modern upgrade to the SRCF Desktop which we hope ( ` ) . ) to announce soon. -- The SRCF sysadmin team (_, _( ,_)_)